Monday 22 September 2008

Challenge #6 - Stitching

This weeks challenge over on House Mouse & Friends is stitching. Here's the card i made.
It's not one of my best cards but i seem to be going through a crafters block at the moment and i'm struggling to make anything. Don't suppose it helps having so much going on in real life but i won't bore you with that!!

I do own a sewing machine but after a short while of having it a messed up the tension and haven't touched it since, so on this card it is all faux stitching but because i felt guilty for kinda cheating i stitched in 2 buttons with elasticated ribbon.

Hope you manage to find time and join in with the challenge. x

11 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute Emma, great dp and stitching.

Desire Fourie said...

An absolutely gorgeous creation. Love how you put two totally different BG pattern designs together and everything still seems to blend perfectly. I am sure there are some lovely gifts in those boxes ...

Anonymous said...

OOO la la...love your new blog background, the bling is VERY cool!
AND, love your card...the paper is awesome - Your stitching is superb! :)

Els G. said...

Gorgeous card! I think you really underestimate your work! It's lovely, and the faux stitching looks real enough!
Els
x

carolann said...

This card is absolutely brilliant well done hun xxxx

Just Tracys Crafts said...

Lovely card, I know what you mean I have crafters block too.

Love the new look blog too.

Tracyx

Lythan said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself. This card has some lovely layering and I thought it was real sewing too!

COCO said...

very beautiful card and fantastic stamp !!!
there is a surprise for you in my blog !!!!
hugs coco

Anonymous said...

Don't feel guilty! I can't sew worth a darn - it LOOKS stitched and that is what counts! Your card shows so much love and hard work were put into it. It is so beautiful!

Leanne said...

Absolutely fantastic card!!

If you go on over to my blog there is something for you there xx

Lori Barnett said...

What do you mean cheating?? The faux stitching is great! That's not cheating...that's a technique :) I LOVE your card...and I don't see a crafters block in there anywhere! I wish we lived close so we could have a stamping party!